Re: [platform-swt-dev] updating a caret without focus

Not really.  Why don't you use selection instead?

For my context there is no selection but just an insertion point.  I
wanted to be able to show where the current insertion point was on the
TextEditor by showing a caret without it actually having keyboard
focus.  If this isn't currently possible, any hints on how to manually
display an insertion point/caret on a non-focused TextEditor?

I'm attempting to programmatically update the caret position of a TextEditor that does not have focus. I'm developing on Eclipse 3.0.1/Win32 platform and the caret only displays when its TextEditor gains focus. Is there a mechanism that will visually update a TextEditor caret without giving the editor focus? A Win32 solution is acceptable as that is my delivery platform.

Thanks,
Greg

Back to the top