Re: [platform-swt-dev] Question about error "SWT Error: No more handles"

Please use the newsgroup for this type of question:
This mailing list is used to discuss the development of SWT itself.

Matt Rossner <mrossner@xxxxxxxxxx>

01/17/2005 03:11 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Question about error "SWT Error: No more handles"

Hi,

working in support I've come across this error on many occasions. "SWT Error: No more handles" , which usually results in an a crash or unusable workbench until it is restarted. I am familiar with the background of this error, being that it is really a windows error and is not very specific. It is also hard to reproduce as I found in all the bugzilla searches I did. I am wondering if there is any way to use Eclipse's -debug option (i.e. a .options file) that can be used to get more info when this error occurs? I'd imagine if such debug options exist, it would likely get the same stack trace as shown in the .log but I'd kind of like to try it anyway to see if it yields more useful information about the problem.

Thanks

Matt Rossner
Support Analyst - Rational Application Developer
IBM Canada - Toronto Lab
(905) 413-4372
mrossner@xxxxxxxxxx

New improvements to ESR (web site for management of your PMRs):
* File attachments can be submitted and added to PMRs
* Support for language translation (seven new languages)
* Improved navigation and product selection
Details at:
http://www.ibm.com/software/support/whatsnew.html
ESR:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/support/probsub.html