Re: [platform-swt-dev] Porting SWT to C++

Send e-mail to license@xxxxxxxxxxx to find out about the legal issues.  We are developers.

Alan Gutierrez <alan-platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxx>

01/17/2005 07:02 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Porting SWT to C++

* Jean-François Brouillet <verec@xxxxxxx> [2005-01-16 20:36]:

> I'm currently considering porting SWT to C++ with OSX, win32 & GTK as
> initial targets.
>
> I have performed some preliminary investigations, and while
> there's certainly a lot of work, it seems in the realm of the
> achievable, even
> by a single person (though many, many month would be required :)
>
> Does anyone on this list knows:
>
> - whether any similar effort has been started?

   There has been a lot of fuss on the Boost dev lists about a
   Boost GUI. John Torjo is looking to go multi-platform with this
   win32 generics library. I'm to understand that wxWidgets is
   gearing up for a major revision.

   Look on the Boost list for "Shoulders of Giants" to find a list
   of existing UI libraries.

   I've been studying SWT myself for inspiration, insight into
   cross-platform UI development. It strkes me as having the latest
   thinking.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@xxxxxxxxx