RE: [platform-swt-dev] Long Running Process notification

There are a couple of examples of how to use Threads with syncExec or asyncExec on the SWT Snippets page.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/dev.html#snippets
Search for the string "thread" to find them.

For a short explanation of the SWT threading model, see the SWT FAQ:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/faq.html#uithread

Hope this helps,
Carolyn

Bahram Sheibani <bsheibani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/12/2005 01:16 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-swt-dev] Long Running Process notification

Thanks alot,

But when  I use the  "Display.getCurrent().asyncExec(session);" in order to start thread ,it seems that  GUI doesn't responsd , eb aware that my session thread is a thread  which will be alive  as long as
the application is running so I wonder  that this effected  it or not.

Best Regards

Back to the top