[platform-swt-dev] RE: "Upgrading" from SWT to JFace

> >I have a fairly complex graphical application that uses SWT to
> >display my graphics. Is it possible, for the sake of a more
> >elaborate  control-GUI and common SWING-understandings, like MVC,
> >to "upgrade" to JFace?

Yes, you can do that.  You need to read the articles at Eclipse.org on using
TableViewer and TreeViewer if you choose to go this route.  You don't need
to upgrade your application's startup code, use ApplicationWindow, or
anything like that in order to use the JFace Viewer framework.

You might also want to evaluate Essential Data
(http://essentialdata.sf.net), which is specifically designed to plug into
SWT applications like yours and also includes a built-in data validation
framework.  It's dual-licensed under either the Gnu General Public License
or a commercial license.

Best regards,

Dave Orme
----