Re: [platform-swt-dev] Info on PR 1GDQAVN

This is on Windows 2000.  I've only been able to try versions 3.044 and 3.062.
I'm not very familiar with how eclipse.org is organized and I don't
know how to find the latest/nightly builds.  Can someone point me in
the right direction?

I scanned the open Bugzilla reports for StyledText and didn't find
anything related to this, except for bug 17578, which only focuses on
reporting the error when it happens.

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:15:50 -0500, Steve Northover
<steve_northover@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which platform is the problem on?  Have you tried the latest SWT from HEAD
> to see if the problem has already been fixed?  Sounds like you've already
> searched Bugzilla.
>

> Hubert Rabago <hrabago@xxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Thanks, I've been meaning to.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to
> spend time to find a way to describe how to recreate the bug.
>
> The way our app is set up, you can launch it with hardcoded data (for
> UI playing) or actual live-from-the-db data.  The bug only seems to
> happen when we have live data, but not when using hardcoded data.
> Now, the data is just passed to the window containing the controls, so
> how the data is produced shouldn't affect how the UI is set
> up/configured.
>
> So if I open a bug report now, it'll just say "StyledText copy()
> doesn't work - sometimes".  If it was *my* user filing that bug
> report, it'd be understandable.  But to get a bug report like that
> from a developer?  Unforgivable and totally credibility-destroying,
> don't you think?  :)
>
> One thing that may or may not matter is, the window we're getting this
> error from contains about two dozen or more StyledText, all used as
> static albeit styled text displays.  We call "setEditable(false)" on
> all of them.  Not sure if this somehow affects it.
>
> If this is enough for me to file a bug report with, lemme know and
> I'll open one.
>
> thanks,
> Hubert

Back to the top