Re: [platform-swt-dev] XP Scrollbars becomes temporaly visible...

Hi, Arnaud.

Please open a bug report against Platform - SWT.
Please put a code snippet into the bug report if possible.

Thanks!
Carolyn

Arnaud De Muyser <ademuyser@xxxxxxxxxx>

10/21/2004 06:01 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] XP Scrollbars becomes temporaly visible...

Hi,

I'm experiencing this funny, strange, but buggy situation:

I use a Canvas widget with H_SCROLL and V_SCROLL styles, and hidde both scroll bars using getVerticalBar().setVisible(false)

(this is done to support mouse wheel, and scrollbar user viewing and gesturing are other widgets ).

Sometimes in my code I call getVerticalBar().setSelection( value ), otherwise mouse wheel scroll from bad value

On win32 if I set my desktop style to "Windows classic Style", I never see the hidden scroll bar as I expect (good!),

but if I set my desktop style to "Windows XP style", each time getVerticalBar().setSelection() is called the hidden scroll bar s

are drawn, and "removed" by next Canvas's paint event.

Does any body have already seen this behavior ?

Is it a SWT problem or XP one, how I can correct this  ?

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud.

Back to the top