[platform-swt-dev] Capturing External Events

Hello,
I am trying to allow a user to define a region of their screen (in any
application) for a screenshot.  So far I've been unable to capture any mouse
event that occurs outside of the visible region of my shell.  I've tried
attaching a listener to the display but it still doesn't receive any events
outside of the application window.

Is there some simple way to add a listener at a lower level?  I want to be
notified of all OS mouse events, so I can determine when a user has defined
a rectangle region with a click and drag.

I considered a glass pane that is always on top, but that will not
allow users to use the underlying os (ie switch to another application
before defining a region).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kyle Himmerick
himmeric@xxxxxxxxxx
(303) 924-4081 T/L: 263-4081