[platform-swt-dev] Different Threads and Displays under Linux GTK

Hi all,
we are having some problems under linux GTK using different Thread's on different Display's. Basically we want to run a different thread, create a display for it, then create a shell and make it live on his own, separed from the main thread which is running the main Display.

Actually everything works perfectly under Windows XP, but it gives IllegalThreadAccessException under linux GTK. After investigating for a while, we discovered that event destinated to the second shell/display, arrives in the event loop of the main thread/display, which then locates the widget and tries to call some methods on it (the first one is the "isDisposed()" method), thus causing the exception to be thrown, and the main thread to die.

Is this a known bug? Any idea abut this issue?

Thanks, ciao
Simone Gianni

Back to the top