Re: [platform-swt-dev] Thank you for early response

List should really be renamed ListOfStrings.  It occurs rarely in the user interface, most notably in "key word" search page of Help dialogs.

At one time, way back in the early years of Windows 3.11 and X/Motif, List was king.  Icons had yet to infect and clutter the user interface making it incomprehensible, full of hieroglyphics that would make Pharaoh proud, causing the world to invent tool tips.  Back in those days, there was no comctl32.dll, no Tree and no Table.  Since Windows 95, List has continued to lose popularity, relegated to the back pages of UI history.  Now it's just a currious footnote.

"Anil Kumar Danta" <anilkumardanta@xxxxxxxxxxx>

11/20/2003 11:56 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev