[platform-swt-dev] SWT and Applets (how many times has this been asked about)

Hi there,

Just testing out SWT's capabilities and limitations.

I am trying to create an application to compliment my already existing Web
Application.

I figured one easy way to do this would be to create an SWT Applet.

Given that only myself and one or two others, will be using this part of the
Web Application, it's ok if it requires the SWT dll's to be installed on
each client machine (if indeed that is the case).

The have followed whatvere code I could find to create the applet, but
nothing seems to happen when I run it.

I am using JDL 1.4, and know that there is an issue with some of the AWT
classes having been removed, I have even read that there is a workaround.
But as yet I can't find any information on how to work aroudn this.

Either way, I swtiched to JDK1.3 for this application, and am still not
getting anything.

As I am new to SWT_AWT, I am not sure wher eto look for the problem.

one other issue I have, is how to I create a new Color or Font if I cannot
access the display (doing so throws a null pointer exception)

Any help would be great,

Regards

Steve Vanspall

Back to the top