Re: [platform-swt-dev] abi and versioning

James> Could someone point me at where to find the libswt versioning
James> information?  I am creating a FreeBSD port of libswt / eclipse,
James> and need to know the versioning policy (with respect to ABI
James> changes) so that I can make sure libswt gets installed with an
James> appropriate major.minor.

My impression is that there is a single version number that is put
into the library's name.  For instance, in cvs we currently see
`libswt-gtk-2131.so' and `libswt-pi-gtk-2131.so'.  This number is
updated from time to time (presumably in response to API changes) and
the Java code explicitly loads a library with a number in its name.

Tom

Back to the top