Re: [platform-swt-dev] Dialog builder?

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 16:46, Chris Freyer wrote:
> Hello all--
>
> Are there any code generators for creating SWT dialogs?  I just want
> to get my development efforts off the ground in a reasonable timeframe,
> and a code generator seems like the perfect way to automate the
> routine parts.

> I have considered writing my own code generator, but I might be re-
> inventing the wheel.  If I do it, it will be XML-based and will function
> in a similar manner to Castor's source generator (the difference
> being that the generated code will produce SWT dialogs instead of
> XML representations of javabeans).

I wrote a library that can create a swt gui from its XML description.
The ui is built at runtime. No source code generation.

You can find it in dbmjui cvs (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbmjui/)
in the dirs forms-lib-common and forms-lib-swt. You will find forms
examples in ressources/forms. To see how to start the forms display,
look in fr.aliacom.dbmjui.tests.Start.

It is not yet available in dbmjui releases, so you really need to
checkout CVS.

Back to the top