RE: [platform-swt-dev] From Swing to SWT

> That depends...
>
> I feel *very strongly* that validation should be done either
> only in the business logic, *or* it must be redone in the
> business logic.

Yes, completely agreed (and was what I originally intended :-).  It must
necessarily always be validated server-side, regardless of what is done
client-side.  But with rich-GUI apps, (as opposed to stateless web
interfaces) you often want field-level validation (rather than
form-level validation).  If this is a requirement, you either have to
put this logic inside the client-side GUI, or make a trip across the
wire as you tab from field to field (which is insane).  But regardless,
the data must be revalidated on the server-side prior to persistence.

Back to the top