RE: [platform-swt-dev] From Swing to SWT

First, most client-side GUI apps are self contained; the UI and business
logic are on the same machine, so there's no wire trip needed.
Note that the BL could be talking across a wire for other reasons, but
it's "normal" to install or send the UI and BL for a GUI app.

However, who said the business logic in a GUI app has to be (completely)
on the server side? You can design an app that way, but you can also
split the business logic, setting up the validation parts in the BL
client-side, while the "do it" parts are server-side.

Distributed applications don't have to be distributed on UI/Buiness
Logic/Data Management bounds...

Either way, field-level validation is what I'm talking about, and my
point is that you need to separate it from the UI so you can have
alternate UIs... The BL will stay the same, but may need slight
refactoring if you want to split it. It would still work with any UI.

-- Scott