[platform-swt-dev] scrollwheel visual corruption - more info

Well, heres some more information I dug up on further testing of this scroll wheel issue.

M3 build on OS X, MS Intellimouse.

1. Scrolling slowly does not corrupt the view.

2. View corruption only occurs with rapid scrollwheel movement, never with rapidly moving the scroll pane thingambob, whatever its called.

3. On my G4, when I use the scrollwheel, and scroll down (or up) one increment on the wheel, the content in the window moves upwards approx 3-4 lines, I'd say, and then there is a slight visual repaint of the newly scrolled-in-view. (I can see the background grey stripes for a split second before it gets repainted with the proper content).

I've noticed that if the scroll wheel is moved fast enough for it to move the view up or down faster than one increment before Eclipse can repaint it, the visual corruption occurs. This is all by eye, and some testing. I can't really back it up with any hard evidence though.

This is not specific to any view, it occurs in any view where the scrollwheel support works.

4. Eclipse does retain proper "click" areas and hot spots in it's internal view although. Like if the visual corruption occurs in the Java Browser, and you try to click on a expand tree box (box with a plus in it), and its really just an artifact from the corruption, it wont actually click or respond. Clicking on an area where the expand tree box really is, but doesnt appear visually, makes it respond correctly, and the window repaints and fixes itself.