Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse crashing on OS X

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Pugsley" <craigpugsley@xxxxxxx>
To: <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse crashing on OS X

> Sorry, yeah. I should have included my OS and stuff...
>
> I'm on 10.2.1 with 1.3. I have three projects open at the same time and
> two extra classpath variables (JDOM and XERCES libraries). I do use the
> Apple+H hide feature quite a lot (using a hot-key assigned to my
> Microsoft Intellieye mouse) and it usually happens after I do that, but
> I can't understand what that would be doing.

I do quite a bit of the command-H myself (god I love that feature!), however
I'm on a laptop so I use the one-button trackpad most of the time, or a
logitech scroll-wheel.

It sounds like it *might* be something with the mouse or driver, but if it
isn't easily dupable I don't know what to tell you.

Ok, some tips from my Tech support days ;-):
1) Write down what applications are running at the time of the incident
2) Was there a particular order in which the applications were started?
3) Can you duplicate it after shutting everything down restarting everything
in the same fashion?
4) When this is happening you might try switching mice (if you have your old
one-button around still ;-)

Hope that will help.

-warner

Back to the top