[platform-swt-dev] Examples on Java Web Start file for SWT

I'm looking for an example/instructions on how to write a JNLP file for SWT and Java Web Start.

I've searched the web, but I didn't find anything obvious.

Anyone got hints?

This is what I've got so far:

xxx_swt.jar - renamed and signed swt.jar for platform
xxx_swt_lib.jar - zipped up all binaries for platform and signed

This works for windows, but I get error messages for Solaris and Linux(still under investigation, but I suspect the first batch to be silly problems because I haven't found a  basic exmaple" to follow :-)

I'm downloading ISO images for RedHat, but I haven't got a Sun machine to test on. I'd like to get it right before I visit someone who has a machine.

Q: Is it correct to put two binaries in a single jar?

(There are some www.serialio.com libraries thrown in there as well).

This is what I've got so far(a bit trimmed down for brevity):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://10.0.0.2/em";
href="em.jnlp">
<information>
<homepage href="http://10.0.0.2/em"/>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.4+"/>
<jar href="myapp.jar"/>
<jar href="Serialio.jar"/>
<jar href="jspComm.jar"/>
</resources>
<resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
<nativelib href="win32com.jar"/>
<jar href="windows_swt.jar"/>
<nativelib href="windows_swt_lib.jar"/>
</resources>
<resources os="Solaris" arch="sparc">
<nativelib href="solarissparc.jar"/>
<jar href="solaris_swt.jar"/>
<nativelib href="solaris_swt_lib.jar"/>
<property name="SERIAL_PORT_LIST" value="/dev/ttya:/dev/ttyb"/>
</resources>
<resources os="Linux" arch="x86">
<nativelib href="linuxx86.jar"/>
<jar href="linux_swt.jar"/>
<nativelib href="linux_swt_lib.jar"/>
<property name="java.library.path" value="."/>
</resources>
<resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
<nativelib href="linuxx86.jar"/>
<jar href="linux_swt.jar"/>
<nativelib href="linux_swt_lib.jar"/>
<property name="java.library.path" value="."/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="MyApp"/>
</jnlp>

Back to the top