[platform-swt-dev] memory leak while using OLE automation

Hi,
I am using the OLE Automation classes in SWT to convert some of my Excel
files into Text delimitted files, and I am finding that there is a potential
memory leak problem. The JVM crashes after 60,000 iterations with the
exception
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to create Ole Client. result =
-2146959355
at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OLE.error(OLE.java:291)
at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleClientSite.<init>(OleClientSite.java:186)

I have checked all the dispose() and garbage disposal mechanisms for
OleClientSite, OleAutomation, Shell and other classes.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug??
Is the standard way to dispose OleClientSite is to just call dispose() ??

Also, one interesting thing that I found in the SWT code was that there is a
protected method in OleClientSite named disposeCOMInterfaces() does all the
disposing related to ceratin member COMObject "iUnknown, iOleInPlaceSite".
I do not know if I should be calling disposeCOMInterfaces() as well , (but I
can't because it is protected)??

any help is appreciated.

thanks

Back to the top