[platform-swt-dev] Re: [jdt-core-dev] org.eclipse.jdt.launcing.macosx & the Mac build

At 11:14 Uhr -0400 12.9.2002, Dean Roberts wrote:
Hi folks,

So as part of the Mac build process we have grown a 2nd org.eclipse.jdt.launching.* plugin. When we just had the J9 launching plugin for Photon we just made the user eat the pain and download the launcher separately. I know that the folks at QNX doing Photon development would love a better out of box experience.

Talking to a couple of people there seem to be a few ways to do this.

1) Fold the two launcers (j9 and macosx) into org.eclipse.jdt.launching. This is assuming they are small, can coexist on all platforms with no ill effects and have no UI pressence.

2) Fess up to the fact that JDT has some platform dependant code and morph/grow these launchers into fragments just like SWT does for their platform code.

I will help, where I can, make either of these things happen but I need the interested stake holders to decide on the best course of action.

...Dean...

I prefer 2) since the MacOS X launcher isn't finished yet, isn't small, and will probably get some UI.
So should I start converting it into a fragment?
Anything special to consider?

--andre

Back to the top