Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK2 Tree/TreeItem conversion

Seth,

I am doing the new Table and Tree, right now concentrating on Table.  There are a few subtleties to the SWT API, which were quite a problem with GTK1 (e.g., the exact semantics of single-select... we lost count how many times we redid it, and even now it's still not *quite* right).  As the design of the mapping is going to be non-trivial, I am trying to concentrate and get these subtleties right, before we have a whole wad of stuff and they cause pain.

So at this stage, the thing is just text-only (no images).  I would actually be quite interested to know your approach to having "text+icon" cells.  There is no built-in support for this (like a provided GType), and while it is easy to write your own using their instructions, I find it challenging to do it *AND* obey the SWT rule of "absolutely no custom C code".  You say "image almost work", I take it that means you have some code that solves the problem?

Boris

Back to the top