[platform-swt-dev] SWT and business applications.

I like the concepts and technology behind SWT. I'd like to ask a
question and get as unbiased an answer as possible.

I are developing a suite of business applications for a particular
industry. The backend is all Java/J2EE. The application requires a rich
client (richer than HTML anyway). I am considering Swing, XUL, and a few
other alternatives. I'm not interested in this vs. that but rather:

How mature is SWT and do you think it is "safe" (mostly complete API,
doesn't crash) to use for developing business applications? Does its
performance differ from operating system to operating system?

Thanks,
-ryan
--
Humans are the unfortunate result of a local maximum in the
fitness landscape.

www.ryanmarsh.com

Back to the top