[platform-swt-dev] How to bring F2 to MacOS X, step 2

Luke,

 > Thanks, and everything has gone as planned for your 'step 1'.  I'll take a
 > deep breath and you can 'hit me' with step 2 ;-)

Step 2:

- get ZipIt for MacOS X in order to unpack *.zip files without truncating long file names
  (like StuffIt or StuffIt Expander)
- download the AIX/Motif/PPC version of Eclipse 20020602 ('F2')
(actually it doesn't matter what OS/WS/architecture to pick, however in the following
  I will refer to motif or aix files and folders)
- expand the zip file

- open your existing Eclipse application with 'Show Package Contents' (or a copy thereof) - copy the files startup.jar, launchersrc.zip, install.ini to Contents/Resources/Java
- replace the plugin folder by the plugin folder of 20020602
- add the features folder of 20020602
- delete all folders within the plugin and features folder that
  have a "motif" or "aix" in their name.

- uncompress and mount the attached archive 'Eclipse.dmg.gz'
- copy the *contents* of folders 'features' and 'plugins' into the corresponding folders
  in your Eclipse application.
- copy the file 'MRJApp.properties' into Contents/Resources/Java

- copy the dll 'libswt-carbon-2043.jnilib' from step 1 into Contents/Resources/Java - copy 'swt.jar'from step 1 into Contents/Resources/Java/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.carbon_2.0.0/ws/carbon

That's it.

Double click your Eclipse application.
If all goes well it will start up and create a 'workspace2'.
If this works too, you can change MRJApp.properties to point to your old workspace.

Let me know if this works.
Thanks,
--andre