Re: [platform-swt-dev] Latest Carbon stuff in dev.eclipse.org?

Hi,

I may have misunderstood Andre's recent comment, or simply been to hasty in
my search, but I've not been able to locate the latest Mac/Carbon sources in
the CVS (though I can see some files).
I'd like to build a Mac version of F1, or preferably even F2.  It sounds
like this is possible - just need to get the stuff to build and replace
parts of my 505/M5 based package.  Can anyone humour me and point me at the
SWT library sources for Carbon?

Yes, I managed to get F2 running on MacOS X today.
However, its a rough ride and I'm kind of busy these days because we are finishing 2.0 and
I'm on vacation next week...

But the first step is simple: if you have the 0505 version on Eclipse running turn off autobuild and connect to the Eclipse repository and checkout the latest version of the SWT project (org.eclipse.swt). Then switch to the resource perspective in order to be able to see the .classpath files.
Make a copy of the .classpath_carbon file and rename it to .classpath.
Rebuild all. It should compile without all errors. Open the "Eclipse SWT PI/Carbon" project and drill down to make_Carbon.xml. Select it and run Ant from the context menu on it. It should build the ddl and swt.jar in a folder "export" on the same level as the workspace folder.

That was the first part...

If this will work for you, I'll write down the second (ugly) half :-)

Let me know if it works.

--andre

Back to the top