Re: [platform-swt-dev] Q's about adding new function to SWT: transparent regions

I mean "makes sense because it is a consistent, clean API which maps easily onto all the platforms which do support it".

I understand that you're only willing to implement the win32 version. That's fine (actually, it's sub-optimal, but you take what you can get). In any case, you won't get the API in without showing that it "makes sense" as defined above.

There are other things which have been added which were not available on all platforms. This would be done in the same way: as a HINT which had a return value that indicated whether or not the operation succeeded.

McQ.