Re: [platform-swt-dev] AWT on top of SWT

I'm equally curious.  Although our AWT was designed to be a PersonalJava implementation, you would hard pressed to find AWT 1.1 code we didn't run well.  The only stumbling block to actually using our AWT in desktop deployment would probably be the license agreement, since it's non-open source code (although source is provided).  FWIW, our AWT is the default web browser plugin on the QNX platform, so we run applets that were not designed for micro environments quite nicely.

I know what you're saying about peers from our previous conversation, since SWT doesn't implement the Peer interface, but how often do you write AWT application code that interacts with peers?  Does it really matter if the widgets being used are implementing that interface, as long as the AWT API works well?

David
--
David Whiteman
OTI Raleigh