Re: [platform-swt-dev] Canned instructions for non-techies to install non-x86 SWT/Eclipse?

Grant, et. al.:

> 1.  The steps that you listed are essentially what we do here to build
the
> launcher & libraries for a new architecture.  The only difference is that
> we usually just invoke the respective build.csh scripts, which you should
> also be able to do once you've updated the *_HOME variables at the
> beginning of the make_linux.mak file.

> 2.  I don't think that this process is formally documented anywhere.
Doing
> so is probably a good idea...

Is there something I can do to help guarantee that it does get documented?
Anybody specific I should contact?

It seems to me like a convenient place is probably somewhere on the website
in the SWT developer resources section; any comments?

Thanks again;

Colin DeVilbiss
IBM eServer iSeries Linux Development

Back to the top