[platform-swt-dev] Canned instructions for non-techies to install non-x86 SWT/Eclipse?

The steps I took to bring Eclipse up on linux/motif/ppc (which worked once
the endian bug was fixed) were:

Download the linux/motif binary
Unpack launchersrc.zip and cd to ./library
Set $PROGRAM_OUTPUT and $PROGRAM_NAME and make -f make_linux.mak
Move ./eclipse back to the eclipse root
cd to plugins/org.eclipse.swt/ws/motif
Unpack swt.jar and cd to ./library
Set $maj_ver and $min_ver and make -f make_linux.mak (in my case, after
hacking out references to the non-existent gnome-config)
Move the created libswt-motif-$VERSION.so to the right directory
cd to the eclipse root
run ./eclipse with the correct java setup

2 Questions:
Is there a simpler path to take? (I am trying to document this for the
benefit of some people who may want to try this out to see how it looks but
may not have much desire to work through these niggles.)
Is the best way to go about this documented somewhere else? Google didn't
seem to hand me anything relevant.

Thanks in advance;

Colin DeVilbiss
IBM eServer iSeries Linux Development