Re: [platform-swt-dev] GTK graphics status

When a image has transparency (e.g. icons, gifs with transparent pixel),
SWT creates
a GdkPixmap for the color part of the image and a GdkBitmap for the mask.

We are using GdkPixBuf to scale the GdkPixmap. If we use a different
algorithm to scale the GdkBitmap, we might have problems, since different
algorithms might replicate different pixels.

So if we use our own algorithm the scale a GdkBitmap, I believe we will
have to
use it the scale its associated GdkPixmap too.

Right now, we are getting a GdkPixBuf with alha channel from the
GdkPixmap,
getting the mask data using GdkImage, combining them by replacing the
alpha
channel with appropriate values (e.g. 1 -> 255, 0 -> 0), scaling the
GdkPixBuf and
then redering to the destination drawable by calling
gdk_pixbuf_render_to_drawable_alpha.

This is somewhat inneficient though.

Silenio

Havoc Pennington <hp@xxxxxxxxxx>