[platform-swt-dev] OSX port

Question to those working on the Carbon implementation of the OSX SWT port.
I know that the guidelines recommend using JNI and thin C passthrough calls
to native libraries to implement the SWT, but I was wondering if you had
considered using JDirect. I've been reading up on it, and it seems like it
might be an quicker and easier way to port SWT to OSX since it doesn't
require writing any native code at all. If you did consider it, I'd like to
know what you see as the disadvantages, since the current port does not
appear to use it. If not, do you think it is worth looking into further?
Greg

Back to the top