[platform-swt-dev] (GTK2) EclipseFixed problem

Havoc,

EclipseFixed is now in the SWT/GTK2 stream, and seems to do a great job.  It lays out the children OK, and nested SWT Composites work just great (and that's mainly how things are laid out in Eclipse).  However, it doesn't seem to work well with other Gtk2 containers.  A simple example is an EclipseFixed inside a GtkFrame:

If I put a GtkButton inside a GtkFrame inside a GtkWindow, I get the button strictly inside the Frame.  Now if I put an EclipseFixed inside a GtkFrame inside a GtkWindow, and add a button inside the EclipseFixed, I would expect the fixed (and therefore the buton) to be strictly inside the frame.  This is not what's happening; the button is drawn on the window (and the position is relative to the window), and the frame's label is drawn over the button.

Do you have any idea what to tweak to get it right?

The exact C code to reproduce this problem is in the edition of eclipsefixed.c tagged "Demonstration of Frame problem" in the Eclipse CVS (module org.eclipse.swt, branch "GTK2").

Boris

Back to the top