RE: [platform-swt-dev] thoughts about gtk2

I have just downloaded the code. I will spend the remainder of
the evening trying to familiarize myself with the structure.  I
do have a couple of initial questions.

1) Do you plan to support the deprecated methods and objects?

2) I just compiled the gtk peers.  I accomplished this by copying
the contents of workspace/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT/common/library
to workspace/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT PI/gtk/library, modified
the makefile make_gtk.mak and executing the build.csh script.  This
produced two shared object files (libswt-linux-2023.so and
libswt-pi-linux-2023.so).  What is the best way to test the changes
that I will eventually make to the natives?  What is the correct
way to execute the workbench using this version of the natives?
I tried "run - Run-time Workbench" but was eventually prompted
with "Plugin 'org.eclipse.core.boot' not found.  Do you have any
suggestions?

3) Can you start to give me some background on the problems you are
having with Pango?

-Jeff