Re: [platform-swt-dev] Windows CE question

Hi David,

Thanks for reporting the problem with the file dialog on HPC. I haven't
looked at it yet, but your feedback is going to be useful.

In general, we try to workaround at the java layer in a generic manner. If
it's not possible, we use a flag to handle that platform in a specific way.
That's why you see a collection of "if (OS.IsWinCE)" in the code. Sometimes
the type has a different size on WinCE (see ACCEL.java for example). The
bug rarely requires a change at the C layer - we try to avoid that as much
as possible.

I'll explain what are the different flags currently used in SWT to write
code for WinCE PPC and HPC platforms.

The WinCE version of SWT is currently targeted at Pocket PC devices. This
is particularly visible in the area of Shell decorations and menus. We are
in the process of modifying the source and adding flags so that it is
easier to have it running on HPC platforms - but we don't plan to build and
ship the library for HPC.

The SWT library (DLL) uses the flag _WIN32_WCE for code which is specific
to WinCE devices (PPC and HPC). Yesterday, we added the flag
WIN32_PLATFORM_PSPC for Pocket PC specific natives. And we will be using
the flag WIN32_PLATFORM_HPC2000 for HPC specific natives.

The SWT java library (swt.jar) uses the flag OS.IsWinCE for code specific
to WinCE devices (PPC and HPC). We have now added a flag OS.IsPPC for PPC
specific statements. Maybe we will add OS.IsHPC but for now you would need
a combination of (OS.IsWinCE && !OS.IsPPC).

We'll be looking next to support the CommandBar for Shell.setMenu on HPC.
We'll be adding natives to support it.

Hope this helps...

Chris

Back to the top