RE: [platform-swt-dev] Question about OleAutomation.

> Actually I'm trying to pass to the select method a Java
> interface. I mistakenly mentioned its an IDispatch. Consider
> it as IMyJavaInterface or an Object in general.

(I'm new to the swt-dev list, but it sounds to me like this conversation
is becoming off-topic for the list.  If this message doesn't help,
perhaps we should continue this on the SWT newsgroups)

I'm still not clear what you are asking for.  The method you are
invoking has a type description which must be in terms of COM's
datatypes.  To understand what must be passed from Java, you need to
first understand what the COM specification is.  If the COM method needs
to see "an object", it very likely wants either:

A) An IDispatch ptr
B) A variant containing an IDispatch ptr
C) Some other, specific COM interface.

The case I recently had to solve was B.  I could find no way to do this
w/out patching the SWT source.

Back to the top