From: Lynn Monson [mailto:
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 11:55 AM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [platform-swt-dev] Question about OleAutomation.

> I have a an interface that with a method that takes an
> IDispatch interface as a parameter, like this:
>
> interface IMyControl: IDispatch
> {
> 	[propput, id(0)] HRESULT select([in] IDispatch obj);
> };
>
> I have created an OleAutomation out of IMyInterface and now I
> want to invoke the method "select" from within it. How can I do that?

This might be similar to a problem I recently patched around.  If I
understand your situation correctly, you have an OleAutomation instance
representing the IMyControl interface.  Through that OleAutomation
instance you want to invoke the "select" method.  However, I'm not clear
on what you are trying to pass as a parameter to the select method.
Select takes an IDispatch, but the key question is how you obtained that
ptr.

If the parameter you are trying to pass is itself an OleAutomation
instance that you obtained through SWT support, that's easy - and we can
discuss it on the newsgroups.  If, however, you need to manufacture an
IDispatch, in Java, the only method I could find to do so requires
changes to the SWT code that, perhaps, we can lobby for here on the
list.