[platform-swt-dev] Problem building Win32 swt lib

I'm encountering a problem trying to set up a build environment where I can build the win32 swt native library using MS VisualStudio 6 (Visual C/C++ 6.0).

Does the following problem sound familiar to anyone?

I'm starting with the sources and makefile from the Eclipse 1.0 release build and created an analogous VisualStudio project.

Everything builds fine except structs.c. For that file I get the following errors:

C:\ECLIPSE\1.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt\src\library\structs.c(3554) : error C2039: 'wEffects' : is not a member of 'tagEXCEPINFO' C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SDK\INCLUDE\oaidl.h(713) : see declaration of 'tagEXCEPINFO' C:\ECLIPSE\1.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt\src\library\structs.c(3567) : error C2039: 'wEffects' : is not a member of 'tagEXCEPINFO' C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SDK\INCLUDE\oaidl.h(713) : see declaration of 'tagEXCEPINFO'

The first error is in the function getExcepinfoFields on the line:
lpExcepinfo->wReserved = (*env)->GetShortField(env,lpObject,lpExcepinfoFc->wReserved);

The second error is in the function setExcepinfoFields on the line:
(*env)->SetShortField(env,lpObject,lpExcepinfoFc->wReserved, lpExcepinfo->wReserved);

Note that neither line contains an explicit reference to wEffects, however, eliminating the references to lpExcepinfo->wReserved eliminates the errors.

tagEXCEPINFO is the struct tag for EXCEPINFO and lpExcepinfo is declared as EXCEPINFO *. The declaration of the EXCEPINFO struct in oaidl.h includes the member wReserved but not wEffects.

My best guess is that this is some sort of Microsoft Platform SDK version skew issue with oaidl.h. I'm using the July 2001 SDK update from a MSDN subscription.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem?  Any suggestions?

Allen Wirfs-Brock
Instantiations, Inc.

Back to the top