Re: [platform-swt-dev] natives with project builder.

Mark,
you asked:

In the JDirect sample, why is the first line a call into AWT?

		new java.awt.Frame().pack();

Somewhere on the mrj or carbon news group I found some information about that:

The current version of JDirect automatically initializes Carbon (even if this
is not desired). However this initialization does not result in a system
where I can setup my own event loop and receive all events reliably (you've
seen that when commenting out the AWT statement).

Someone on the newsgroup suggested to use "new java.awt.Frame().pack()"
to initialize Carbon early (before using JDirect).
And yes, that works better, but still isn't reliable.

I didn't have any of these problems with JNI & Carbon.
So for now I will stick to JNI.

--andre

Back to the top