Re: [platform-swt-dev] natives with project builder.

Mark,

I haven't removed WindowShade yet, but I do have an update.  When I just
run the Eclipse app that I built from the Finder it runs and I see a
window.

How and why did you 'build the Eclipse from the Finder'?
One of my postings from yesterday had the application already in the build folder.
The app has the Eclipse icon and when started the icons shows up in the dock.
I do get an Eclipse menu and "Quit Eclipse" works for me.

If you are building yourself make sure that optimization is disabled for all targets
(something like -O0).

I do not have a menu, and I can only close with Force Quit.

What version of the Java VM are you running?
On my system "java -version" results in:

java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-root-010902-18:51)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1, mixed mode)

If I run from PB, the window pops-up and goes away and I have these
messages in the console:

oops
handleRedraw!

You should get this (if you quit via the Quit menu entry):

oops
handleRedraw!
handleQuit!
event loop terminated!

Eclipse.app has exited with status 0.

Eclipse.app has exited due to signal 11 (SIGSEGV).

Open the Console app and enable the options on the Crashes page in Console Preferences.
Sometimes the dump information is quite helpful...
If you run the standalone version (in the build folder) the messages from above should
appear on the console.

By the way, how do you run an app from PB without taking Build and Run?

I don't :-)
I'm always using 'Build and run active target's product'

--andre

Back to the top