RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWTToolkit as AWT Peers

Yes, it's mostly just 1.1.  It doesn't technically use the *Peer classes to implement the native implementation.  SWT logically serves as a peer layer, but you don't get anything SWT-related if you call getPeer() on a Component in BBAWT; that's one of the noted deviations.  If you really need SWT to implement the Peer interface, then you'd have to roll your own.  However, I think that's an implementation detail that is not necessary for the Eclipse integration goals you're trying to achieve, if I understand you correctly.  Probably the best test would be for you to run a lot of your favorite apps and snippets in our AWT to see if it runs your code as you expect - if it doesn't, we'd love to hear about it.

Probably the biggest areas our AWT deviates from the 1.2 spec are in 2D graphics and printing, partly because a lot of that isn't currently (or wasn't previously) available in SWT for all platforms that we were interested in.  Also, Swing kind of limps along on BBAWT (and only Swing 1.1.x works at all).

Regards,
David
--
David Whiteman