Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOS X port status?

Maurice,

        You have all the information which is currently available. I would love to say that there is a "porting guide" laying around somewhere which we could provide you, but there isn't. In truth, that's one of the reasons why there is "overhead" associated with getting an official port started (i.e. ensuring there is a port lead, getting PMC approval, etc.). It's because we assume that you will need to ask questions, and we will need to spend non-trivial time answering them.

        Having said that, you ought to be able to implement based on our javadoc and end up with something that works. Any time you feel this isn't true, please let us know. The better we can make the javadoc, the easier it is to make new ports, so we are *very* interested in this.

McQ.

Maurice Parker <maurice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

11/23/2001 01:36 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev