Re: [platform-search-dev] Need help adding results to the search results view

I am on 3.0, so I can use the new search API.
I also want to open the search dialog from my view.
For this should I use SearchUI.OpenSearchDialog(). I could not find anything equivalent in the NewSearchUI.
Thank you.

-Ninad

Thomas Maeder <Thomas_Maeder@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-search-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/03/2004 01:37 AM

Please respond to
platform-search-dev

platform-search-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-search-dev] Need help adding results to the search results view

You didn't mention which build you're programming against. If you are programming against 3.0, I recommend using the new search API. If you are programming for 2.x, you do need a resource, since the API is IMarker based. If you don't have a resource, you will have to fake it, as the Java search does for class files in jars (see JavaSearchResultCollector).

Thomas

Ninad J Agate <agate@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-search-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/02/2004 09:08 PM