From: platform-releng-dev <platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jonah Graham
Sent: 09 June 2022 06:32
To: Eclipse platform release engineering list. <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [platform-releng-dev] URL that is good for 4.24. RC2a and will be good for 4.24 R?

Hi folks, Is there a p2 URL that today points at 4.24 RC2a (or I-builds) that on release day will point to 4.24? What happens for CDT is that the build breaks for a time on each release day because the p2 URL that CDT points to for platform

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hi folks,

Is there a p2 URL that today points at 4.24 RC2a (or I-builds) that on release day will point to 4.24?

What happens for CDT is that the build breaks for a time on each release day because the p2 URL that CDT points to for platform changes and I am hoping to resolve that issue.

PS.1. I can't browse around https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/ to explore what is there because it doesn't rely on the (now) standard 404 handlers that show directory structure. I found I can use https://download.eclipse.org/justj/?file=eclipse/ - but even with that I couldn't find an obvious URL.

PS.2. The composites in https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.24/ say they have multiple children in the xml, but there aren't any. Is this a bug, if so I will file an issue?, e.g:

  <children size='5'>
  </children>

Thanks for your input,