[platform-releng-dev] Does anyone know if org.eclipse.ant.optional.junit is needed/used in tests?

Specifically,  org.eclipse.ant.optional.junit_3.3.100.v20140518-1929.jar is being "packaged" into our "test repo".

Oddly enough, while it is in our Git Repo, I can not find anyplace that lists it as a <module>. My guess is it get's pulled in via some maven repo, or something, during the "assembly tasks". It is listed in the test framework feature and is installed during "performance tests" (but not unit tests, I don't believe).

And, while I am pretty sure no one needs it for "current stuff", I know sometimes we continue to test "old projects" just to make sure they still work. But, if that's the case here, I wonder if it is now "old enough" that we no longer need to test it.

Unless there is a quick objection, I will try removing it, and see if there is any change to the number of "test failures" in the nightly build. If not, I'd say safe to leave it out. If so, I will revert while we have a longer discussion, and decide after M6.

Back to the top