Re: [platform-releng-dev] Problems building the Eclipse platform from the R4_3_maintainence branch

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

> I assume you really do have your toolchains file at ~/.

Well, sort of, the file comes from inside a repository which contains things required for our release process so it will be somewhere that is always available but not in the default location. That was what I was trying to get across with my sample build command, sorry for muddying the waters.

I tried specifying -Pbree-libs on the mvn command line and initially the build failed because I wasn’t specifying an OSGi/Minimum-1.2 in the toolchain.xml. I’ve downloaded the ee.zip from the build instructions and updated my toolchain.xml so it has all the sections of the sample one from that page and the build still fails with this message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature (default-package-feature) on project org.eclipse.e4.rcp: Execution default-package-feature of goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature failed: Could not determine installation size: zip file is empty -> [Help 1]

Whilst trying to build org.eclipse.e4.rcp. Why is it trying to determine the installation size when the build is only half completed?

For avoidance of doubt I am now running

mvn -e --toolchains ~/.toolchain.xml  -Pbree-libs clean verify

Would it be helpful to attach some more of the error log (I’ve tried to cherry pick the relevant section but I might be wrong)? Is there anything else I can supply to help to get to the bottom of this?

All the best

Phil