From:        Phil Mason <phil.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        02/14/2014 11:45 AM
Subject:        [platform-releng-dev] Problems building the Eclipse platform from the R4_3_maintainence branch
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I'm struggling to build the Kepler Eclipse platform from the R4_3_maintainence branch. I used to be able to do so using the instructions from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build  but about 1 week ago the build started to fail. My build process is this

    git clone -b master --recursive git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git
    cd eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator
    git checkout -b R4_3_maintenance origin/R4_3_maintenance
    git submodule update
    export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
    export JAVAVER=jdk1.7.0_13
    mvn --toolchains ~/.toolchains.xml clean verify 2>&1 | tee build-output.log

which I think reproduce the instructions from the above page and this method was working for more than a month.

I've checked the following

+ I don't have a settings.xml file in my ~/.m2 directory
+ I have checked for pom.xml updates and I can't find any
+ My JVM is running in server mode
+ My version of maven is later than the requirement

The only change I can find in the instructions relates to building from the R4_3_1 tag but says that it shouldn't apply to the maintenance branch.

The error I get when building is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature (default-package-feature) on project org.eclipse.equinox.core.sdk: Execution default-package-feature of goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature failed: Could not determine installation size: zip file is empty -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature (default-package-feature) on project org.eclipse.equinox.core.sdk: Execution default-package-feature of goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.19.0:package-feature failed: Could not determine installation size
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:224)

Can anybody offer suggestions for what I need to do to get the build working again?

Any help that anyone can offer would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Phil