[platform-releng-dev] Respin for Kepler M2 candidate

I've scheduled the rebuild to start at 1 PM Eastern (just in case any other last minute discoveries or anyone want to "check their work"). [And, yes, the swt tests bug (bug 389962) has also been tracked down and fixed so those tests should run this afternoon.

Thanks everyone,

From:        Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        09/20/2012 12:03 PM
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] Respin for p2
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a heads up that p2 will be asking for a respin for Kepler M2. A recent change is causing problems with our JUnit tests, and since we can't guarantee that these problems are only related to the tests, we'd like to revert the change. John is reverting the change now.

If we're having a respin, we'd like to include 2 important performance improvements in 4.3:

Bug 389019 - 'Show In Source' is requested on each selection change (was: Move-lines very slow on Juno)
Bug 389901 - WorkbenchPage#openEditors doesn't set up the tabs for non-activated editors

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR