Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20120118-2000 (Timestamp: 201201182000):Build is complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

> From: Satyam Kandula/India/IBM@IBMIN

> Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> The ant test Frameworkests.testIncludeAntRuntime is failing due to
> the verifyError. I couldn't reproduce this error on my machine with
> Oracle Java 7 Update 2.
> Kim, do you see any other differences that could be possible on the
> test machine.

Three classes seem to contribute to all verify error in the Java 7 runs:

sun.security.mscapi.SunMSCAP
com.sun.tools.javac.Main,
com.sun.crypto.provider.PBEKeyFactory.

Satyam and I analyzed one case in depth, by extracting the
relevant class com.sun.tools.javac.Main and looking
at the code that has been generated for the particular
method where the error is reported.

java.lang.VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame at branch target 16 in
method com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main([Ljava/lang/String;)V at offset 6

The class file looks alright and in particular,

(a) there is no branch at offset 6 in the relevant method of the relevant
class,
(b) offset 16 is not a branch target in the relevant method of the relevant
class

So this class being complained against could not have come from Oracle Java
7 Update 2.

Could there some how been a mix up with multiple JREs coming into the
picture some how (don't know how)
The diagnostic indicates some problem with the jdk or some other jars on
the test server machine.

We were initially worried about JDT/Core somehow having a finger somewhere
in the pie, but
that case is ruled out as these classes all come from a JRE.

If further help is required from JDT/Core to understand this, we can help,
but we will first need help with reproducing this. Satyam has had no
success
on the ANT side.

At the moment, it looks like some kind of set up/malconfiguration issue.

Thanks!
Srikanth

Back to the top