Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20120118-2000 (Timestamp: 201201182000):Build is complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

Most likely caused by JaCoCo who instruments the byte code when a class
gets loaded. Kim, can you disable code coverage for the next build?

Dani

<platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

> 20.01.2012 08:25

> Re: [platform-releng-dev] [eclipse-build]Build N20120118-2000
(Timestamp: 201201182000):Build is complete. Test failures/errors
occurred.

> > From: Satyam Kandula/India/IBM@IBMIN
>
> > Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > The ant test Frameworkests.testIncludeAntRuntime is failing due to
> > the verifyError. I couldn't reproduce this error on my machine with
> > Oracle Java 7 Update 2.
> > Kim, do you see any other differences that could be possible on the
> > test machine.
>
> Three classes seem to contribute to all verify error in the Java 7 runs:
>
> sun.security.mscapi.SunMSCAP
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main,
> com.sun.crypto.provider.PBEKeyFactory.
>
> Satyam and I analyzed one case in depth, by extracting the
> relevant class com.sun.tools.javac.Main and looking
> at the code that has been generated for the particular
> method where the error is reported.
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame at branch target 16 in
> method com.sun.tools.javac.Main.main([Ljava/lang/String;)V at offset 6
>
> The class file looks alright and in particular,
>
> (a) there is no branch at offset 6 in the relevant method of the
relevant
> class,
> (b) offset 16 is not a branch target in the relevant method of the
relevant
> class
>
> So this class being complained against could not have come from Oracle
Java