Re: [platform-releng-dev] Tagging question

See http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-ui-dev/msg05053.html and http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Git_Workflows#Configuring_the_repo

You can set the default merge strategy for a branch (like master) by setting the property.

branch.master.rebase=true

Then a pull will cause a rebase of your local commits on top of the the commits from the public repo.