[platform-ui-dev] *IMPORTANT* please check your git repo configuration

Please check the git configuration for your local repos, and make sure that your branches have the rebase attribute set:
branch.branchname.rebase = true

Please refer to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Git_Workflows#Configuring_the_repo which also shows the EGit dialog that can be used.

When you push a commit to the main repo and it fails, having rebase=true will replay your local commits on top of the changes for the mail repo when you do a pull.  Otherwise we end up with a clutter of unimportant merge nodes in our history, which should really just be a straight line.

Thanx in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Webster